19 Dec Health Assessments
Why carry out employee health assessments?
When putting in place a wellbeing initiative it is important to establish what the best areas to address are. By using in depth health assessments and consultations it gives baseline data to help establish the key health criteria which should be addressed in order to help employees live healthier, happier and more fulfilled lives. This in turn helps address the key areas to the organisation, whether it be reducing absenteeism, improving productivity etc.
By carrying out health assessment process for members of staff it gives baseline data to make progress measurable from both a health and performance perspective. These health assessments can help identify health risks, which if subsequently addressed can help to safeguard and improve employees’ health through early intervention. Employees will generally understand their health position and know what needs to be done to help improve it. This assessment and consultation will also help to give them an understanding of what further wellbeing services would be most beneficial for them to engage in so to help give direction to their own individual wellbeing needs.
What’s included in full health assessments?
- Lifestyle questionnaire
- Height, Weight, Waist, Hips, Waist to hip ratio
- Body composition testing (Body fat, Lean weight, hydration, metabolic rate)
- Blood pressure and resting heart rate
- Lung function test (Lung power and lung volume)
- Strength Test
- Flexibility test
- Diabetes test
- Cholesterol test (With breakdown of “good” / “bad” cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Cardiovascular disease risk (risk of a heart related problem) over the next 10 years
- Motivational Consultation explaining results providing help, tips, guidance and advice
The health assessment process consists of:
- Individual health assessments for employees including a one-to-one consultation about the results, giving advice and motivation on achieving lasting health improvements. Each wellbeing assessment will take approximately 40 minutes and are usually carried out onsite causing minimal disruption to the business.
- Individual, detailed, confidential reports including personalised health information and action plan for each employee. Where individuals have been seen for health assessments previously comparisons of results will be made to see where improvements of results have occurred.
- Within 5 working days of your health assessment each employee receives a further supporting comprehensive and confidential results and information pack with extra information included where relevant (high blood pressure – blood pressure pack, high cholesterol – cholesterol pack etc.).
- An in depth company health profile showing health trends and comparisons, enabling tailored recommendations and guidance to help improve your organisation.
From the health assessments Annurca sets individual and company goals to build and maintain ongoing motivation and focus of the wellbeing package.
Are you considering putting on health assessments, other wellbeing services, occupational health or resilience? Explore the options available to you by taking advantage of our free, no obligation on-site consultation.
Click here to request a consultation.