Doncaster Chamber Reap the Rewards of a Wellbeing Initiative
Doncaster Chamber of Commerce began an ongoing Wellbeing initiative with Annurca which resulted in them being nominated for the Orange National Award for `Wellbeing in the Workplace` and `Employer of the Year`.
The nominations were whittled down to a final 5 organisations which Doncaster Chamber of Commerce are included in.
Results gained from the initiative were:
- 82% employees made lifestyle changes following their assessment.
- 82% of employees now drink healthy alternatives to tea/coffee, ie, green tea, herbal tea, juice, water
- 48% of employees now try and walk during their lunch break
- 62% of employees now use stairs instead of the lift
- 85% of employees said they were willing to take part in activity-based team building events
- 7 employees smoked, of which 3 gained assistance to stop
- 52% of employees would consider joining a gym if reduced corporate rates with local gyms could be agreed
- 60% of staff are interested in alternative therapies, ie, reflexology
- Before the health initiative began, Doncaster Chamber lost 488 days due to staff absenteeism, costing the company £50,000. This is an absenteeism rate of 8%. The aim was to reduce this to just 2.5%.
The outcome of this initiative was a reduction in staff absenteeism resulting in a saving of £30,000.
In addition to this, employee satisfaction rates rose from 75% to 100%
Doncaster Chamber of Commerce left the awards with the `Employer of the Year` Award!
Congratulations Doncaster Chamber!
Contact Annurca here to find out how you can improve employee performance and achieve accreditations